question

Ingo avatar image
Ingo asked

Digital Input Count Clear/Reset in VRM Summary page?

Is there a way to clear or reset the Digital Input Count in the VRM Summary page?

1607573950049.png

Venus GX - VGX
1607573950049.png (5.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

I am not aware of a way to reset the counter for any usage other than a pulse meter.

Even though you are using the digital input as a door alarm, if you are using a VenusGX you might be able to temporarily set that digital input to a pulse meter, reset the counter under 'pulse meter' > 'settings', then set it back to a door alarm.screenshot-20201210-225242-chrome.jpg

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ingo avatar image Ingo commented ·

Thanks @Mark It's a roundabout way but I will give it a try.

For the @Victron Guys, perhaps adding this feature to other counters might be a good idea.

Edit: I quickly added a Reset Counter to the Digital Input and it works like a charm. Now just to remember to do that to every firmware upgrade until it's included in the release software.

0 Likes 0 ·
bathnm avatar image bathnm Ingo commented ·

Why don't you share the code and maybe ask Victron to integrate it. After all VenusOS is open and available (well some of it), and the community can provide valuable little improvements, which maybe Victron will consider including!

0 Likes 0 ·
Ingo avatar image Ingo bathnm commented ·

Sure, no problem. Below is the part I inserted in the PageDigitalInputSetup.qml file for Digital Inputs.

1607619439169.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1607619439169.png (14.8 KiB)
jazevedo avatar image jazevedo Ingo commented ·
How/where do you add this code?
0 Likes 0 ·