question

grogski avatar image
grogski asked

Smart Battery Sense - Blue Led , Static connected vs flashing disconnected

sorry if this question has been posted before but I’m new to the forum and couldn’t find any info on this.

The extract below is from a table in the smart sensor guide.

My understanding is when the blue led is slow blinking, it is still broadcasting temperature and voltage data. In the same way it is broadcasting if the light is solid.

My LED blue light is only solid when connected via my phone, When my phone is not connected the blue light blinks slowly as above.

My questions are:

1) Should the blue light be solid all the time when the sensor is connected to the VE Smart Network?

2) should the sensor be connected all the time ?

3) how often is data sent from the sensor - continuously, periodically or when changes occur

Blue LED Red LED Smart Battery Sense state Connection State Remark
On On Not functional Disabled Hardware error.
Smart Battery Sensewill not be visible in VictronConnect and
it will not be contributing information to the VE.Smart Network.
Slow blinking Off Measuring V/T Not connected If VE.Smart Networking has been configured, the device
will be contributing the voltage and temperature
information to the VE.Smart network.
On Off Measuring V/T Connected If VE.Smart Networking has been configured, the device
will be contributing the voltage and temperature
information to the VE.Smart network.
Smart Battery Sense
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Connected/not connected only means if a phone is connected or not. The smart network is working in the background.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rbertino avatar image
rbertino answered ·

I had the same question given a slow blink I've not seen but had recently connected the battery sense device. Here's my take

Slow blinking approx 3-4 seconds is when you have added the battery sense and connected it and the charger controller to a network. the slow blink denotes "exchanging data" and should still be charging. the charger data should indicate PV voltage coming through. in this case all appears to be working fine. I believe I have a different CC than the original author of this post, and thus no red blinking light...that I'm aware of :)

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Smart Battery Sense Product Page

Smart Battery Sense Manual