question

doublebubble avatar image
doublebubble asked

Multiplus battery temp sensor fault

As per a previous post with no remedy, my Multiplus is still showing a faulty battery temp senor with the absorbtion and float led's flashing simultaneously, the sensor has been replaced and the fault continues, can I please get some sort of reason or remeby please, I posted this issue some months ago.

Phoenix Inverter
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

doublebubble avatar image doublebubble commented ·

Hi Daniel,

I was going to update the firmware earlier this year and was informed that the unit was too old and wasn't supported any more, could you please advise as to what version firmware to update to?

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary answered ·

Hi, i believe that absoption abs float leds flashing together is ve.bus error 4 off the top of my head.

Is the system functioning?

A photo say a thousand words! - do you have any assistants programmed?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

According to the Victron toolkit ab's & float LED'S flashing together is a compensation charging temp sensor error, this happens randomly either in invert mode or on the mains, after many liaisons with different Victron agents, distributors I needed to replace the existing temp sensor, did that but the condition continues.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @doublebubble

with the temp sensor disconnected, does the fault go away?

and is the error always active? or not all the time?

What model Multi do you have? and what firmware version?

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi Daniel, i would have to revisit whether the fault goes away when the sensor it disconnected, we did go down that track earlier and pretty sure it is still there as it's very random.

The error is not active all the time.

The model is Phoenix Multiplus 12/3000/120/50, I believe the firmware no. Is 1909112HEX

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ doublebubble commented ·

Hi @doublebubble

I'd start with updating the firmware to the latest version.

0 Likes 0 ·
wrietveld avatar image
wrietveld answered ·

I had a similar issue with a MultiPlus 12-2000 where the temperature sensor would suddenly, at random times, read extremely high temperatures and throw warnings and errors. I replaced the sensor but the problems remained. I then connected both temp sensor at the same battery pole and wired the old one to the VenusGX. The input to the VenusGX was accurate but the one going in to the Multi was showing spikes at random times. Eventually, I disconnected the sensor from the MultiPlus and left the one on the VenusGX which solved the issue. Haven’t seen a temperature warning or error since.

2 |3000