question

steve777 avatar image

Cerbo GX WiFi stop working when GX Touch 50 is connected

Hello

My Cerbo GX is connecting fine on WiFi without the GX touch 50 connected, but as soon I connect the GX touch 50 on it, the WiFi State goes from Disconnected to Connecting many times then Failure state

The WiFi signal strength is 76%

Cerbo firmware v2.60

Thank you for your help

wificerbogxtouch gx 50
1 comment
2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

I’m having the same issue . Wifi only connects when touch 50 is disconnected.

4 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

In my circumstance, I manually changed the WiFi channel on my router to another one a couple of channels away. You could try this and see if it works for you, it could be some weird harmonic or interference in your environment.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

deangi avatar image
deangi answered ·

Same here. Anything from Victron???

thewingman avatar image
thewingman answered ·

No answers from Victron on this issue. I added a Ethernet to Wi-Fi bridge rather than rip out the Cerbo after routing all the wires. It’s a shame Victron sells a product without testing it!

markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Hi,

in one of my installations, the exact opposite was happening.

It seems like, connecting the display is interacting with the WiFi signal.

But these things normally only happen, if the WiFi signal is weak in general where the CerboGX is installed.

In my case, I installed a WiFi repeater and all WiFi connection problems were gone.

Best Regards,

Markus

2 comments Share

Thank you Markus, in my setup I have a strong WiFi signal, so in my case it‘s not a question of WiFi signal level but maybe interference from the display. I located the display as far I can go with the HDMI but it's the same result.

deangi avatar image deangi steve777 ·

Same for me, I have a corporate network setup and the signal is very strong.

Victron, any comments? It is deffinately a bug in the firmware and not a networking issue.