question

bathnm avatar image
bathnm asked

Cerbo Digital Input from SBP

I have been trying to work out how I can get the Alarm port of an SBP connected to teh Digital Input on a Cerbo GX and haven't been able to work it out.

Has anyone got any guidance on this?

cerbo gxBattery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

What have you tried so far and at what point do you have the problem? What do you want to achieve with that?

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/2556-GX_Device_Manual_Cerbo_GX/en/digital-inputs.html

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bathnm avatar image bathnm commented ·

@Matthias Lange - DE, When the SBP switches off, due to Low or High Voltage, I want it to trigger an alert on the Cerbo. I know that the Cerbo has a Positive or Data side and a Ground. What I can't work out is how to get the Alarm PIN wired to the Cerbo.

Is it possible to take a positive feed from say the battery to the positive side of the Cerbo and the Negative on the Alarm pin of the SBP to the ground on the Cerbo. My assumption is that the SBP is acting like a switch and will break the circuit, causing a loss of signal to the Cerbo.

Many Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ bathnm commented ·

"If a logical low input (0V) should be considered a positive condition, set Inverted alarm logic to on."

Also have in mind that the SBP gives you the alarm 12sec after the low voltage is reached and it will turn off after 90 sec.

Maybe it is easier to just connect the load output of the SBP to the input of the cerbo.

0 Likes 0 ·
bathnm avatar image bathnm Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

I think it is how to wire it that is challenging me. From what you have just said it looks like I can take the SBP output via a fuse to the positive side of the digital input? Do I need anything on the negative side?

0 Likes 0 ·