question

deek avatar image
deek asked

BMV-712 was working fine with MotoG6 but now won't pair

Have been using my MotoG6 paired to BMV-712 for months. Yesterday the Victron Connect App wouldn't open. Reinstalled Victron Connect but now when it tries to pair, it says the passkey is invalid. I never changed the passkey from the initial 000000 default. Anybody know what's going on? I have restarted my phone and unplugged the BMV-712 as well but nothing makes a difference.

I've reviewed some other posts here about bluetooth problems but none seem to be like this.

BMV Battery MonitorBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

Hi DeeK, try unpairing it from the phone (remove it from bluetooth) and then pair again. It should fix the issue.

Michel

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

deek avatar image
deek answered ·

Thanks Michael, I forgot to mention that I did that too (a few times) and it doesn't help. The main problem now is that it prompts me for a passkey but doesn't accept the default 000000 which I have not changed. Is there a way to reset the BMV similar to resetting my phone?

2 |3000

michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

Hi DeeK, did you try using the PUK ? I suspect it is waiting for it.

5 comments
2 |3000

deek avatar image deek commented ·

hmmm, that sounds promising. I saw that mentioned somewhere and went looking but couldn't find anything about it in the manual. It sounds like the PUK allows a total reset including the PIN but how do I get the PUK? I don't recall anything about it when I bought/installed the meter. And, why would this resort to that rather than the default PIN?

0 Likes 0 ·

wow, i just found it on the back of the BMV right where i should have seen it before! i'll go try that right now, thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

that didn't work either, in fact after i enter the first 6 digits from the puk, it cuts me off assuming that it's a 6-digit pin i'm entering and then tells me it's an invalid PIN.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ deek commented ·

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:start#bluetooth_smart_-_resetting_the_pin_code

BMV-712 Smart

On the device list: tap or click the three-dots menu on the right side of the product description. A menu will pop up offering a 'Reset PIN code' option. Click that, and enter the PUK code. The PUK code can be found on the product label, on the back of the product.

0 Likes 0 ·

thanks michael, you're my new hero! after getting wise to the three dots which allowed me to enter PUK to reset PIN, it worked and i am back in business. thanks so much!

0 Likes 0 ·