question

Javier San Juan Costillas avatar image
Javier San Juan Costillas asked

Is it possible to remove the generator widget from VRM dashboard?

I have a Quattro 48/15000/200-2x100.

I don't have a generator and appears as Generator N/A.

I think it grabbed the config from CCGX when it had as default generator on ACin2 but I did change it to Not Available because ACin2 it is not in use.

How could I make it refresh in the dashboard of VRM?

VRM
1600977619076.png (100.3 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

petajoule avatar image petajoule commented ·

@Teun Lassche (Victron Energy Staff) I for one don't mind the generator being there, but if it's already there, I would appreciate information which AC-IN it is connected to. It doesn't look like AC-IN1 is above AC-IN2 all the time. Quite the contrary: no matter which input you connect the generator to, it's always shown below the Grid.

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Teun Lassche avatar image
Teun Lassche answered ·

@JSJC this is now possible, if the generator is not configured as AC input it will not show up anymore

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you and nice work Teun, I had the opposite issue with my main offgrid system and am happy that there is now only one AC input box (generator only).

0 Likes 0 ·
Javier San Juan Costillas avatar image Javier San Juan Costillas commented ·

I just saw it in VRM, thanks for the update, now I feel like I am "better configured" and its prettier :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Teun Lassche avatar image
Teun Lassche answered ·

@jsjc Thanks for your suggestion, I'll have it checked, thanks!

1 comment
2 |3000

tomas-sailing avatar image tomas-sailing commented ·

I have the same, and my setup looks like the screenshots in the thread. I also have AC1 as "shore power", AC2 N/A as above.

0 Likes 0 ·
Javier San Juan Costillas avatar image
Javier San Juan Costillas answered ·

Hi Teun,

More than a suggestion probably a little bug, I think it should be pretty much like the PV widget, it dissapears if not in use. Well this one does not :S

Cheers,

Javier

5 comments
2 |3000

Marnix Keesmaat avatar image Marnix Keesmaat commented ·

Should be really nice if the Generator widget is not shown. In the device list there is also no Generator.. so why is it here?

Just a little thing.. the new VRM is very nice.

0 Likes 0 ·
Marnix Keesmaat avatar image Marnix Keesmaat commented ·

No Generator in the device list, never there

0 Likes 0 ·
device-list.png (24.1 KiB)
Teun Lassche avatar image Teun Lassche ♦ Marnix Keesmaat commented ·

@Marnix Keesmaat Check the configuration of your AC inputs on the GX device, one of them is probably configured as generator

1 Like 1 ·
philippe avatar image philippe Teun Lassche ♦ commented ·

@Teun Lassche (Victron Energy Staff)

Same issue with my multi on VRM and Venus correctly configured. So I tend for a bug. (the N/A on AC in is normal, is actually not powered, and if so then also most of the time due to Ignore AC input, even when the current is present, cheated with my grafana dashboard).

Best

Philippe

0 Likes 0 ·
bathnm avatar image bathnm philippe commented ·

I have the same issue..

0 Likes 0 ·
1603717086799.png (191.5 KiB)
1603717135402.png (104.3 KiB)
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

It seems that when there is no input to the Inverter it shows both Shore and Generator. As soon as there is a mains input it corrects itself.

Mine is installed on a yacht, and over the weekend when connected to mains it was just showing AC Input. As soon as I disconnected from show it showed both.

2 |3000

Related Resources