question

cazz avatar image
cazz asked

Bluetooth connection issue - Stuck at 90%

We have recently purchased the MPPT 100/50 Solar charge controller along with the blue tooth Dongle. We downloaded the Victron App on our iPhones (6s plus & 7s plus), as well as on our ipad (Air). How ever we have not been able to get any of them to connect. It will get up to 90% and just sit there.

We had somebody use their Samsung and it connected. How can we get our I phones to connect?

Is it possible that there has been a issue with the most recent update for the app?

VictronConnectBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Ole Saether avatar image
Ole Saether answered ·

This is not a genuine Victron product. fangpusun is a manufacturer of counterfeit (fake) products.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, as @_OS_ also said; that is a counterfeit product; using stolen firmware from us. Sorry to hear that; especially if someone sold it to you making you believe its was for real.

To get it working, and to get support in this community and/or official Victron support; you'll need to buy the real one. You'll also want to double check your Solar charger.

4 comments
2 |3000

cazz avatar image cazz commented ·

If this is the case how come it worked with a Samsung?

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ cazz commented ·

I don’t know. And frankly I don’t care.

You sound like you’re not convinced that its a fake?

0 Likes 0 ·
cazz avatar image cazz mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

I’m sorry if it sounds like I don’t believe you. I’m honestly upset to learn that it’s a fake.

I just just wondering why it worked with Samsung and not Apple.

Are you able to send me a link to a site where I can get a genuine product, please?

0 Likes 0 ·

Official Victron dealers are listed on our website under where to buy:

https://www.victronenergy.com/where-to-buy

Perhaps you can return the fake product from where you purchased it and get your money back.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Hi I have seen this a few time and to resolve it.

1. make sure the device you are using is connected to the internet

2. then connect to the bluetooth unit.

3. if you are asked to upgrade please do so (it mnay ask to upgrade 1 2 or 3 times as it will upgrade multiple items.

4. then turn the phone off and back on and it should then work fine.

5. I the above does not work then unistall the app. and tyhen reinstall it. then do the above steps again.

1 comment
2 |3000

The issue is that it is not getting to the stage of been connected. These are the steps I follow before nothing else happens.

(1) open VictronConnect app

(2) select my MPPT solar charge controller on the list of devices (MPPT 100/50)

Next it starts connecting to that device showing the display of percentage loading/connecting. Stops at 90% and goes no further.

From here is where I’m stuck.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi; could you post a photo of the dongle including serial number?

1 comment
2 |3000

There isn’t a serial number.

0 Likes 0 ·
image.jpg (1.1 MiB)
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I also supect its not a victron product but a fake copy and thus quality is a big issue here

2 |3000

Related Resources

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic