question

biffsbiz avatar image
biffsbiz asked

How do I reset the Bluetooth on a SmartSolar MPPT charge controller?

Bluetooth was working fine for three days after we installed a SmartSolar MPPT charge controller. It then stopped working. I have done all of the recommended procedures to restore the connection, but it still does not connect. The charge controller seems to be working fine, but I only have the battery charge indicator lights (Bulk, Absorption, & Float) to tell me that.

When I try to connect any of my devices to the charge controller, I get the error that its Bluetooth is busy and connected to another device. There are no Bluetooth devices connected to it. I live way out in the woods and no one is anywhere near me. I have several Bluetooth devices in-house, but I have turned all of them off except whichever one I am trying to connect to the charge controller.

Is there a way to reset the Bluetooth on the charge controller?

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Disconnect PV, disconnect battery, wait a moment, reconnect battery, try to connect with VictronConnect and reconnect PV.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

biffsbiz avatar image
biffsbiz answered ·

Thank you, Mattias Lange - DE. I saw that suggestion on another question about Bluetooth, but no one responded if it worked for not.

It worked for me. Thanks again.

2 comments
2 |3000

bobbo1953 avatar image bobbo1953 commented ·

Similar issue with a new 100/30 SmartSolar MPPT. I installed it last week and it showed up in VictronConnect along with my 2 100A Victron lithium smart batteries. The next day MPPT was not there., batteries still were. I did all the tricks recommended. Then I climbed up on the camper and disconnected the 2, Zamp 170A solar panels and then the battery connection on the MPPT. When I plugged it back into the panels and batteries, it showed up on the app again for a day. The next morning, I did the same routine and it came back. The next morning it was gone. Did it again. Came back again. Gone this morning. I cannot be climbing up on top of the trailer every day to do this. What needs to be done?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ bobbo1953 commented ·
Why do you have to disconnect the panels on the camper?

Can't you disconnect the PV and battery at the MPPT?

Contact the seller from whom you bought the MPPT.

0 Likes 0 ·