question

davidb avatar image
davidb asked

Honda generator with two wire auto start, which relay on the multiplus do I use

My generator is a Honda is30 with a two wire auto start, if the two wires are shorted the generator starts and stops when open circuit. So a normally open switch that closes on battery SOC or load conditions is what I need. I am using a Multiplus 24/5000/120. Also some tips on programing the switch would be helpful.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ยท

UPDATE: I've made a manual out of it; it has photos and drawings of where to find the right relay. See here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:virtual-switch-generator-start-stop

capture.gif (501.6 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

davidb avatar image davidb commented ยท

Hi mvader, thanks very for this, its perfect. I could not find this info anywhere.

Thanks again

David

0 Likes 0 ยท
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) โ™ฆโ™ฆ davidb commented ยท

Me neither ;-)

Very welcome and thank you for bringing it up!

0 Likes 0 ยท
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ยท

Hi, see this document: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/auto-generator-start-stop:start

It explains all there is to know about victron products and starting and stopping of a generator.

(Update: edited to direct link)

1 comment
2 |3000

remarc avatar image remarc commented ยท

This is a very nice document, covering multiple inverter/charger types. It will come in handy. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ยท
davidb avatar image
davidb answered ยท

Thanks mvader, as I dont have a venus device I'm using the virtual switch. I can program this but witch switch do I plug my two wires from the generator into? I can see the K1, K2, Aux 1, Aux 2, and a blue terminal block on the top right hand corner of the Multiplus pcb@mvader

1 comment
2 |3000

The virtual switch operates the blue terminal block โ€œAlarm relayโ€. As referenced in the manual that Matthijs posted:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:virtual-switch-generator-start-stop

0 Likes 0 ยท
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ยท

Hi David, great details from mvader, but also have a good look at the Venus or CCGX units as they have lots of extra Gen stop start options plus heaps of other stuff and are great at giving you extra information and you also get VRM web access for remote operation.

Above been said its only worth while if these things help in making management easyer, but well worth looking at

Cheers Paul

2 |3000

jimbo avatar image
jimbo answered ยท

Hi I'm curious about the wiring. Where do the two wires from the auto start module actually go in the connector block? Does the polarity matter?

1 comment
2 |3000

harold avatar image harold commented ยท

No, there is no polarity, it is a switch!

0 Likes 0 ยท