question

rasht3 avatar image
rasht3 asked

Easysolar 48/5000/70 grid connect

Hello i have a customer with a easysolar 48/5000/70 with an additional 150/35 charge controller on the dc bus.

When in ess mode grid connect as4777 can we set this to not charge battery from grid and supply all loads during the day from pv/battery only and only draw grid when excess is required? I have had a look through the settings but could not find an option for this.

Also can anyone confirm the firmware version required for the easy solar, it is about 2 years old and was running as an offgrid setup previously. He would like to export once battery is full and all loads are supplied via pv. i have not yet been to site to retrieve the current firmware data.

ESSEasySolar All-in-Onegrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

What you are describing is the normal default behaviour of ESS. The system will use PV and batteries to run the load, charge the battery with excess PV, and only draw on the grid when the PV and battery is insufficient. The battery will not charge from the grid.

Are you seeing the ESS system charge the battery from the grid?

Make sure the MODE is set to Optimised (and not Keep Battery Charged), in the ESS menu on the GX device.

Is this system connected to the internet?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic