question

rainerb avatar image
rainerb asked

Programming a time delay for switching the Multiplus 24/3000 back to grid?

Hello,

is it somehow possible to program a time delay for the Multiplus (in an ESS system) before it switches back from battery to grid in case of an power outage?

In case of repair works on the grid I observed, that the first few minutes are often not stable and so the Multi switches to grid, back to battery then again to grid....

Is there a way to program a delay with assistants(?) with the goal to switch back to grid operation only if the grid is present continuously for about 5 minutes?

I have a hardware solution in mind but a software solution would be much more comfortable.

Regards

Rainer

ESSgridAssistants
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

As per below you can setup assistants to do this

1557652434711.png (25.0 KiB)
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rainerb avatar image rainerb commented ·

Hello Paul.

Thank you, I will try this...

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthew Walsh avatar image Matthew Walsh rainerb commented ·
Hi @RainerB did you implement the assistants as suggested by @Paul B and if so did you have success with it?
0 Likes 0 ·
rainerb avatar image rainerb Matthew Walsh commented ·

Hi @Matthew Walsh ,

I tried it only once but it seemed not to work as I expected. Maybe I programmed something wrong.

For my old Multiplus I needed anyway a second external disconnection relay to some kind of meet the grid code (in a cheap way). So I installed a 3-phase voltage monitoring item and a timer relay with which I can set the delay time.

Regards Rainer

0 Likes 0 ·
biff-trotters avatar image biff-trotters commented ·

This is a great solution, but might seem to not work because 3000 seconds is 50 minutes, and I for one would have given up hope and probably fallen asleep. Try 300s for 5 minutes.

0 Likes 0 ·
biff-trotters avatar image biff-trotters biff-trotters commented ·

In addition, I would expect General Flag ON = IGNORE AC input 1, so to me, the circled bit combined with the 1st statement says "when AC1 has been available for 50 minutes, ignore AC1" - probably not what was intended.

0 Likes 0 ·
magicmike avatar image
magicmike answered ·

Can anyone point where is it located in newer FW?

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthew Walsh avatar image Matthew Walsh commented ·
Are you referring to where you can find to create and load these assistants on the VEconfig software? If so, disable virtual switch on the second to last tab and then go to the next tab called Assistants and load them by clicking on the add assistant button.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources