question

badumi1 avatar image
badumi1 asked

3 Phase Multiplus with ESS grid not connected

Hallo,

I have changed my one phase system to three phase system with three multiplus2, 3kva version. Using one battery, CCGX. My problem is the grig is connected but does not want to go thru. Acting like a off grid system. Any help? See pictures of my settings. Ess assistant is in each multiplus.

Thank you for help.

Update: Do I need a current sensor installed to each Multiplus 2 to connect the mains instead of being in inverting mode?

ESSgrid3 phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Anil Ghatikar avatar image
Anil Ghatikar answered ·

Hello,

@Badumi1

Check the phase sequence /rotation /wiring /

If the correct L1 inverter is not connected to L1 of the grid, L2 to L2 , L3 to L3 OR if the grid for some reason is rotating anticlockwise. this will be the symptom

if you do not have access to phase rotation meter and verified the wiring a simple way to determine if this is the cause is to swap any two phases say L2 and l3 .i..e connect L2 of grid to L3 multiple and l3 of grid to L2 of Multiplus

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

badumi1 avatar image badumi1 commented ·

Hallo, I have swap the phases like it should be, L1 to L1 but still the same. I am getting #11 grid relay test fault when wants to connect to grid. In the same wiring, (had two systems one on one phase with Multiplus 2 and with Venus and another with Multiplus 5kva on 2 phases with ccgx) all worked. Have installed ESS like on set ups before. Btw do I need a current sensors? I don`t have them. Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ badumi1 commented ·

Hi Badumi, in swapping the phases, did you actually change them? what ones were changed?

Did you read this?:
https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2019/02/19/venus-os-v2-23-ve-bus-11-details-small-fixes/

About the current sensors: it is all in the manual(s), it depends on how you have installed things. If you want a good answer you'll have to provide a diagram of the system.

0 Likes 0 ·
badumi1 avatar image badumi1 boekel ♦ commented ·

Hallo,

I have changed and swapped all phases between each other, then removed cables from AC OUT and all multipluses got connected to AC so I could see all three phases. Then tried to fixed N and Pe cables, they were connected together between AC in and AC out. I add one cable to N and one cable to PE separately. That did not help. At the end I have erased ESS and grid code set up to None and it is working, no errors and I can see all three phases on AC in and AC loads. On the other hand I like ESS much more than Hub 1. Is there a way how to set up ESS without counry grid code that I will not get #11 Grid code errors? Will post a pictures of my system, it goes thru device which can bypass whole system in case of setting the inverters while they cut off AC, it easily switch from FTV system into grid AC only and I can do work on my victron system without interferences. Had it for year and works like a charm.

0 Likes 0 ·
badumi1 avatar image badumi1 badumi1 commented ·

First picture id the device to bypass Ftv system and the others how N and Pe cables were connected between in and out.

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ badumi1 commented ·

I'm glad you found it, why would you connect in to out? it is not drawn like that in any manual?

0 Likes 0 ·
badumi1 avatar image badumi1 boekel ♦ commented ·

Well it was done by dealer so I don`t know why it was done like that. But still I want ESS but If I install it with Other grid code, it does not work. Always #11 Relay test failure. With Hub 1 and None grid code it works. So question is if Victron would do another grid code that working ESS like in HUB 1 set up.

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Did you try swapping two phases?
Phase rotation error is what is usually the cause of this (not accepting grid)

-edit- @Anil Ghatikar was faster than me :)

2 |3000