question

twaite avatar image
twaite asked

In Victron Connect, Smart Shunt Net Amperage missing an amp or two?

I just installed a Victron SmartSolar 100/30 and a SmartShunt. I've created a network and the Smartshunt voltage and amps are being sent to the SmartSolar.

Everything is wired correctly, meaning all loads on negative bus bar, nothing on battery negative except the SmartShunt. When I look at the VictronConnect app, and look at the SmartShunt, it is always missing an amp or two. (Looking at the Net Amps)

Example:

Battery Amps Charging (from SmartSolar data) 10amps

Fridge/Freezer Load from Battery (6 amps)

---------------------------------------------------

Net should be 4 amps

But when looking at the Smartshunt screen, in VictronConnect, it'll show the net amps to be 2.5 -3 amps.

I've tried zeroing the Amps, in settings, when all is turned off (charger and loads) and it did not help.

Oddly enough the net amps are correct if there is no load. Also it will correctly show negative net amps if there is no charging.

I don't think screenshots are needed but can grab some tomorrow if necessary.

Thanks for any advice.

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
twaite avatar image
twaite answered ·

Screenshots showing

9.8a @12.48v into battery

Less 6 amps being drawn (analog meter)

Smartshunt shows a net of 2.76a @ 12.48v.

Net should be 3.8a.

where is the missing 1.04a?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Maybe the analog amp meter isn't that accurate?
Especially in the first 2/3 of the scale are analog meters not so accurate as in the last 1/3.

0 Likes 0 ·
twaite avatar image twaite Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

No it matches with the SmartShunt if I turn off the SmartSolar.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources