question

iframedroger avatar image
iframedroger asked

Mutliplus 2000 plus Generator

Hi

I have a Multiplus 2000 acting as a UPS for a vital pump in my house, as we live below the water table in the winter. The pump takes ~16A startup current and is rated at 6A continuous.

The Multiplus is connected to a 120Ah NorthStar battery which should give me ~1hr of continuous pumping or over 12hrs in real world as the pump is only on periodically to empty the tank.

I have a Hyundia HY3000Ci Converter Generator. This is a converter generator not pure sine wave inverter.

In case of long term power outage, if I disconnect the main supply and connect the generator to the Multiplus:

Q1: Will the MultiPlus 'clean' up the generators power allowing me to use sensitive equipment (such as the pump control board)

Q2: Do I need to add more hardware or enable the MultiPlus for "Power Asssit" mode to enable the MultiPlus to charge the battery from the generator (when there isn't the pump load) and also to supplement/clean the power when pump load 'on'?

Thank you.

Daniel

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary answered ·

Daniel,

Check out the Generator FAQ under the multiplus support section here https://www.victronenergy.com/live/multiplus_faq

should answer most questions.

as regarding cleaning up the power. the multi plus just passes the power though most of the time, though can be set to reject 'bad power' depending on how you set the settings up in the multiplus itself this may be better or worse.

If you set the power constraints too tight you may have trouble getting the multi to accept the dirty generator power. but it might also be ok!

Have you considered using a solar power array, as your needs are quite modest, it would be likely more reliable than a suitcase-type generator!

if you look under the solar power section of victrons site there's a calculator that will show you yield based on the selected products and your latitude.

Jon

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

iframedroger avatar image
iframedroger answered ·

Thank you.

The generator is only for a long term power outage as a third line of defence against the water!

2 |3000