question

alex-rhys-hurn avatar image
alex-rhys-hurn asked

Anti-Vibration Mountings in Camper Trailer RV

Hi Everyone,

I am making up a plywood panel upon which are mounted, MPPT 75/15, Orion TR 12/12 30, Phoenix Inverter 12/375 and a combiner box that houses the BMV, shunt, fuses etc.

It is going into a camper trailer and is vertically mounted on the front wall of the trailer.

The trailer has relatively stiff suspension (esp when unloaded), and is used in Africa on long stretches of very rough roads, a corrugations (washboard) road.

I am concerned about vibration damage to the victron components (and they are darn expensive), so I am considering mounting this plywood panel on 4 Rubber anti-vibration mounts.

Is this a good idea? How robust are the victron products to vibration?

I would appreceiate anyone elses experiences and tips in mounting this kit in high vibration environments.

Salaam,

Alex

MPPT SmartSolarPhoenix InverterEasySolar All-in-Oneorion-tr smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Gerrit avatar image
Gerrit answered ·

Hi Alex, Sounds like you made a very neat install. The Victron Units can withstand allot of Vibration. I personally know of many systems mounted directly without mounts working perfect for over 15 years installed in campers and towing camping trailers. If you have the ability to do so and want to spend the extra buck then go for it. Make sure the rubber mounts are of good OEM quality and that the rubber wont tear from the weight. if that happens things can get interesting.

There is allot of more delicate electronic equipment in your vehicle that are at much higher risk of failing before your Victron Energy Equipment. :)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.