question

munga avatar image
munga asked

Specify the phase that my multiplus II is installed on

Hi

I have a single MPII 3kVA installed in a 3phase system for basic ups hold up. I have attached it to L2 but it thinks it is connected to L1. Is there a way to tell it that it is connected to L2?

I have a Venus CCGX too.

Thanks in advance.

Multiplus-II3 phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

According to the manuals, a single multi is only supported on the L1 (red) phase in a 3-phase environment.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

As far as I know there is no way to change those names, as the multiplus II does not know what phase its connected to and the Venus has no settings in it to change that name.

Now there MAYBE a way if you installed a ET112 Grid meter on that Phase MAYBE more resurch would need to be done before you did that though

I presume the below is what you are asking that is

1599290451383.png (26.6 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

munga avatar image munga commented ·

Hi

Yes I have 3 phase power at my house and I have connected 1x MP2 to L2 for holding up critical loads as we have frequent "loadshedding" (read blackouts) in South Africa. I did this on L2 as it was a simpler to do this than move all the critical loads onto L1 in my distribution box. To be honest I just assumed this was configurable.

I have also did not make use of both AC outs available as the MP2 only has a 32A passthrough. So the AC-Out 2 is not connected.

I have an SMA tripower 5kVA GTI and an SMA Energy Meter (v1). The CCGX sees the GTI but not the Energy Meter as it is not directely supported. However I have hacked this (I hacked this based on this post to support v1 of the SMA EM: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/49293/alternative-to-et340-mqtt-sma-home-manager.html) and it is working and shows up as a fake EM24. As a temporary workaround I have swapped the L1 and L2 in software and this is "working" but I would like to be able to see the power draw from the "critical loads" and not just the "AC loads". How do I en able "critical loads" view?

This is what I currently see:

I would like to see the "critical loads" view as below (this picture is not from my system):

Is there a way to enable the load being drawn from the MP2?

0 Likes 0 ·
1599552461286.png (43.0 KiB)
1599552541243.png (30.6 KiB)
1599552586128.png (17.3 KiB)
1599552659329.png (40.8 KiB)
markus avatar image markus ♦♦ munga commented ·

Hi,

you have to enable "use energy meter" and " ac output in use" in Venus ESS settings to show critical loads.

Markus

0 Likes 0 ·