question

jeremy avatar image
jeremy asked

How to wire battery disconnect to multiples?

Hello,

I traded my Xantrex Freedom XC 2000W in for a Victron 12/3000 120/50 120V Multiplus. I love it. On my previous Freedom XC I had a wire with 12V charge that ran from house battery disconnect on my Jayco Seneca 2019 to ACC input port on the back of the Xantrex. This port is designed to be an ignition switch for a work truck, but also works to shut off the inverter when you hit the battery disconnect and don't want to drain the batteries by. continuing using the inverter.

Has anyone wired a similar house battery disconnect to the multiplus? If so, where did you wire it to? Any programming required?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Multiplus-IIwiringwiring diagram
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

There are two Auxiliary inputs on your unit. Either one can be programmed with an "Assistant" in VE.Configure. The Assistant to use is called "Safety Switch" which can but used to disble the inverter when switch contact connected to it go open or closed depending on how you configure the assistant.

Bear in mind, this is not a full disconnect, power is still applied to the unit. It disables the inverter, but I don't think this is much different to how the Xantrex acc input functioned.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron Wiring Unlimited Book