question

rjoustra avatar image
rjoustra asked

DC Power usage increasing

IMG_3092.MOVSo my DC Power on my Cerbo GX display seems to fluctuate wildly and when I am inverting the more AC loads I apply the higher this DC usage goes. This is what I see when Inverting.

This is what I see on shore power. And these fluctuate sometimes a 100 plus watts at any given time. My Chassis ground to the main Neg buss bar is about 10 feet from the batteries and I have the inverter cases grounded to that same chassis rail but about 8 feet away closer to the inverters. Even when I have disconnected the chassis ground for the inverter cases I still see this. As a side note I do have the inverter chassis grounded together as they are right next to each other not sure if the makes a difference.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·
Has DC system:

Enable this for boats, vehicles and installations with DC loads and chargers - in addition to Multi and MPPT chargers. This won't be applicable to most off-grid installations; and any discrepancy between the DC current measured by the Multi, and by the BMV, will be attributed to a 'DC system'. This may be power-in from an alternator, or power-out from a pump, for example.

A positive value indicates consumption. A negative value indicates charging, for example by an alternator.

Note that the value shown will always be an approximation, and is affected by the variation in sample rate between elements of the system.
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rjoustra avatar image rjoustra commented ·

The installation is in an RV and when nothing on the DC load is changing but the AC Loads increase like running an Air Conditioner the DC loads go up also and the situation as you can see in the pics is exacerbated when inverting. Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·