question

ciki avatar image
ciki asked

Active (powered) or passive USB hub with CCGX?

planing to connect several CGX devices (3 X BMVxxxs and 3 X MPPTs and GX LTE 4G) to a CCGX. Will have to use 4 VE.Direct to USB with a USB hub. Would like to know how much current does the CCGX supply on the USB ports and what the consumption of the VE.Direct to USB devices is?

I know an active (powered) hub is probably the "safer" solution, on the other hand, I do not expect the VE.Direct to USB interface to require much power, so I was hoping to get away with a passive hub. Does anybody know the figures? Thanks

@Ciki

CCGX Color ControlVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
unckdecamp avatar image
unckdecamp answered ·

I'd love to know if people are using passive (USB) powered hubs from the CCGX too. I have the old phoenix inverter on in eco mode to power a usb hub just to get the wifi adapter to send data to VRM portal. Everynight it uses 96 watts and my batteries go down about 2%. I'd love to find a hub that works on DC or if I could use a relay or something to turn off the inverter at night, since I don't check the system when I sleep.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.