question

edelweiss-energy avatar image
edelweiss-energy asked

Venus GX does not see Fronius Symo 17.5

We have 3 Quattros 15 kVA, configured with a Venus GX and 3 BMZ ESS 10, which works very well. Since the Fronius Symo 17.5 inverters are very far away from the battery, we used a radio antenna to send the wlan signal to them. The inverters are both cleanly configured, both have their own IP address and are on the same network as the Venus GX, but are not recognised. Even entering the IP addresses manually did not help. What could be the reason for this?

error
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
rainerb avatar image
rainerb answered ·

Hello,

I assume you enabled the Modbus TCP Service on the Venus GX?

Did you check the Modbus paramaters on the fronius web interface?

(Settings for my fronius galvo)

Maybe you can find some information here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ac_coupling:fronius#gx_devices_fronius_pv_inverters

Regards

Rainer

1598522755228.png (22.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Fuchs avatar image
Matthias Fuchs answered ·

To make my fronius symo gen24 5 plus visible in the vrm portal, I had enable the SolarAPI.

As soon as I enabled it the fronius was detected by the GX and visible in the VRM.

I also have modbus TCP enabled though.

Sadly, I haven't seen this info anywhere before.

2 |3000

h-m-heating avatar image
h-m-heating answered ·

Fronius Gen24 PV Inverter no showing in VRM

Now it all works

The solution is to configure SunSpec support on the PV-inverter.

In the Fronius Gen24

API needs to have been Selected

• Communication
  • Go to the Modbus tab
  • Set Data export via Modbus to tcp.
  • set Sunspec Model Type to int + SF
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic