question

blitzkonig avatar image
blitzkonig asked

EasySolar II - Network Reset?

Hey Victron Community,

We recently had an Easy Solar II installed at our house.
While trying to connect to the local WIFI, I have unchecked the "Create Access Point"... (yeah rookie mistake Im now aware of :) )

Ive tried connecting to the device via the LAN connection, but remember while browsing the settings prior to disconnection that LAN was disable (how it was installed).

So... Is there a means to reset just the Network Settings outside of the Digital Control panel?
I see there is a reset button on the Easy Solar II, and I have tried to search online for what this button does, but have come up short.
Is this a factory reset button? Reboot? or Network reset?
I do not want any of my other settings (charge level/battery settings) to be lost if possible.

MPPT ControllersEasySolar All-in-Onewifi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

I have updated the manual now, and can confirm that as of today:

The only function of the reset button on the MultiPlus-II GX and EasySolar-II GX is to reboot the GX card.

It does not reset the networking settings, it does not modify battery voltage programming will not be affected by that button (it is not connected to that), or anything else.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kkiksu avatar image kkiksu commented ·

So If I understand correctly I cant get the build in wifi up and running again by pressing the reset button? (Did the same rookie mistake and accidentally unchecked the ”create access point” button in remote control.)

0 Likes 0 ·

Correct, once that is disabled, if it is not otherwise connected to an external wifi network, you will now need to connect an Ethernet cable to change the settings.

That is the situation now, I will look into how we can improve/prevent this in the future.

0 Likes 0 ·
kkiksu avatar image kkiksu Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Ok, thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
roelof avatar image roelof Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
I have same problem and will try to solve as by your answer

THANKS

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @blitzkonig,

2021-4-2 - Guy - Edited to remove some potentially misleading info. See the confirmed update.

3 comments
2 |3000

blitzkonig avatar image blitzkonig commented ·

Hey Guy,

Thanks for getting back to me.
No worries, I did also read that this is expected behaviour from the Venus, but also wanted a confirmation before undertaking the action. I understand there is usually more work involved in doing something different than what is already being done with the button, but sometimes with newer products you never know.

Ill await for confirmation before I go ahead with it though. But if thats the case, very easy recovery for my situation.

0 Likes 0 ·
kkiksu avatar image kkiksu commented ·

Did This work in a way guy assumed?

0 Likes 0 ·

No it does not, I will update my post to reflect the reality.

The only function of that button is to reboot the GX card. There is no resetting of the network settings.

0 Likes 0 ·