question

shellness avatar image
shellness asked

Venus GX Firmware Update Failed

Updating my Venus GX firmware by USB stick fails. I have no Ethernet and connect to the Venus over WiFi on an Android phone. The phone gives me the option “press to update”, after which the phone says “updating” for 12 seconds, then it reverts to “press to update”. After this, pressing the “update” button causes the screen to change to “updating” for just ~2 seconds before reverting to “press to update”.

I saw elsewhere that someone had the same issue with a Cerbo GX and had the wrong swu fill – could this be the same issue and can anyone advise whether I have the correct swu file?

My current version 2.18. New version 2.57. File name “venus-swu-beaglebone.swu”.

Venus GX - VGXfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Beaglebone is the correct firmware.

Also check the firmware is accessible on the card/stick without having to open folders.

GX firmware update instructions.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shellness avatar image shellness commented ·

The firmware is accessible without opening folders, the swu file is in the root folder. So I believe I am following the instructions precisely.

I don't need to look for the firmware in the app. When I open the Settings it presents me with "update available" and "press to update to 2.57".

0 Likes 0 ·