question

charlielenglez avatar image
charlielenglez asked

Venus GX Firmware Update Failed

Updating my Venus GX firmware by USB stick fails. I have no Ethernet and connect to the Venus with a pendrive. I've download the new version SWUvenus-swu-beaglebone-20210830191408-v2.73.swu for a Venus GX. But once I try to install it, the system says that there's no firmware file to install.

SWU

Thanks

Venus GX - VGXfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Charlielenglez

check the stick is in fat32 file format

7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi, to add to Alexandra: also try the file that has the -2- in its filename.
0 Likes 0 ·
charlielenglez avatar image charlielenglez mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @mvader (Victron Energy) Sorry, but I don't understand what that means. On the firmware page, I have the impression that all files have a -2- in their filename:

venus-swu-beaglebone-20210830191408-v2.73.swu

SWUvenus-swu-ccgx-20210830194024-v2.73.swu

SWUvenus-swu-einstein-20210830181758-v2.73.swu

SWUvenus-swu-nanopi-20210830185229-v2.73.swu

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ charlielenglez commented ·

Hi,

maybe we need to update documentation somewhere then, I’ll check. Where did you find those links?

the -2- file can be downloaded here: http://updates.victronenergy.com/feeds/venus/release/images/beaglebone/

0 Likes 0 ·
charlielenglez avatar image charlielenglez commented ·

Thanks @Alexandra . I tried, but it didn't help. My colleague, who had the same problem, told me that he was using a USB stick formatted in FAT32

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ charlielenglez commented ·
Make sure that the file is the only one on the disc.

NOT a file within a folder.

0 Likes 0 ·
charlielenglez avatar image charlielenglez klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Thanks @klim8skeptic, I've tried that also but it doesn't work.

What is curious is that in the firmware update window, the message is that there is no firmware available in the USB drive. But in the VRM Portal window, when I want to save the data on the drive, the message appears that it is impossible because there is a firmware image in the USB drive.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Venus GX manual

Venus GX product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic