question

mike-cubic avatar image
mike-cubic asked

VRM - An email has been sent to the administrator adding new site

Good day,
When trying to add new sites the VRM gives an error and says " an email has been sent to the administrator" I am the site admin, we have over 40 sites on VRM and this the first time with this issue. How do we resolve?

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Mike Cubic,

This usually occurs because the GX device has already been registered on VRM.

One way to get further support investigating how or why this has happened is via this form - https://professional.victronenergy.com/support/

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mike-cubic avatar image mike-cubic commented ·

Hi Guy,

Thanks for the answer, but this is happening on 2 new sites with new out of the box equipment, not sure why that would be the case.

Must we open a support ticket? and enter the VRM ID?

Regards, Mike

0 Likes 0 ·
Pieter Boomsma avatar image Pieter Boomsma mike-cubic commented ·

Hi Mike, i think this could be a case of updating the firmware if this is a Cerbo, you can read this eventually: https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2020/07/13/venus-os-v2-57-cerbo-gx/

If not maybe best to open a support ticket indeed.

0 Likes 0 ·
David avatar image David commented ·

Hi Guy, we've had two separate customers say this is an issue with new Cerbo's out of the box, brand new. Both cases in the week of 25rd January

David DPA Solar

0 Likes 0 ·
David avatar image
David answered ·

Hi Guy, we've had two separate customers say this is an issue with new Cerbo's out of the box, brand new. Both cases in the week of 25rd January

David DPA Solar

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @David

Please post the VRM site ids in a comment reply that is set to viewable by moderators and I will see what I can see.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

@David

As described in the blog post below it is possible that your costumers cerbos got a new VRM ID the first time connected to the VRM. So the ID on the sticker is wrong.

Ask your costumers to look into settings -> VRM-Portal and try to use the ID displayed there.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic