question

stewart-fordyce avatar image
stewart-fordyce asked

Multiplus compact 12/1600/70 sulking

Hi, apologies for coming into forum with negative feeling. I've spent many satisfied years with Victron equipment mainly because they never go wrong until now..

The inverter charger, 3 years old, suddenly started clattering away somewhat like a demented sewing machine.

Here is a link to video of it misbehaving..

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AuE8GxU35hjQieh6H0hhtocG8Jlwyg

Quite simply, I sent in all necessary details to the supplier something like 2 weeks ago, and now I've been told to send the offending item on to the next supplier who will then send it to Victron in Holland for it to be repaired!? Really? Seriously? I have to find some way if packaging the Victron securely, pay for it to go off, and then sit twiddling my thumbs on relative peace and quiet wondering what's happening... Please, enough!

Is there any way I can get Victron just to send me a replacement? This all seems somewhat unfair... I'm at last able to take the boat out and now I'm scuppered!

You might not be able to offer any advice or assistance, but maybe some sympathy to cheer me up?

All the best,

Stewart

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers