question

rodolphe-yonnesolaire avatar image
rodolphe-yonnesolaire asked

Battery compatibility with 3 phases ESS System ?

Hello,

After many 1 phase systems installed with Multi, Quattro, MPPT, Fronius, ESS , Lithum LG Resu (3.3; 6.5 & 10kWh) and running all fine (check YonneSolaire on VRM), I want to install a 3 phase systems with GX, ESS, 3 MultiGrid 3000, 9kWp Solar with Fronius Symo 8K on 3 AC OUT and a 10kWh lithium battery on a single DC line.

I just read on your Battery compatibility list that it is not possible to use LG Resu with 3 phase system, right ? What is the reason ?

Checking some other battery (BYD & Pylontech I can buy) in your list I see that the 3 phase is clearly presented on a table with some battery and nothing is told about 3 phase for some others batteries... So my question is : Do you have a list of battery I can use for ESS 3 phase system ? Or can you recommend BYD & PYLONTECH ?

Thanks a lot

Lithium Battery3 phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Rodolphe - YonneSolaire

Both BYD and Pylontech are suitable for 3 phase systems. Others may also be suitable, even though not specifically mentioned (e.g. BMZ and MG).

LG and Victron engineering teams have not certified the LG product for 3 phase applications. It may work, but is not tested or approved, and is not supported.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rodolphe-yonnesolaire avatar image
rodolphe-yonnesolaire answered ·

Thank You Guy

2 |3000