question

felyne avatar image
felyne asked

(SOLVED) - ESS does not work im out of ideas

Hello everyone,

I tried to design a simple ESS system for a client that already had a solar system installed, and wanted to add batteries to save excess energy that goes into grid into battery for later use and vice versa.

I installed the system according to manual, updated all firmwares into latest, loaded up ESS assistant, sent settings into Multiplus-II and nothing... ESS doesn't even show color control...

Am i doing anything wrong or ESS just not working on latest firmware?

CCGX Firmware: v1.74

Multiplus-II VE.BUS Version: 2629476

System looks like the follwing:

Multiplus-II goes into "passthru" mode and never leaves it unless i disconnect Grid AC Input which then makes it to into Inverting.

I followed the manual Q4 that meantions passthru mode and possible causes, but nothing works...

I need urgent help with this, otherwise i will have to remove all Victron equipment from client and return it since it doesnt work...

Multiplus-IIESSmultiplus ve.busAssistants
1597544037821.png (107.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Your CCGX firmware is out of date. v2.58 is the latest version.

CCGX update instructions.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

felyne avatar image felyne commented ·

God dammit, this was the problem. I thought i updated everything to latest Version because there was no warning on the CCGX, it only said no new updates found. Followed the link and everything works now. Thank you very much!

0 Likes 0 ·
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

Did you load the ESS assistant into the Multiplus 2?

1 comment
2 |3000

Yes i did, found out it was CCGX version that i had to manually update (for some reason). Thank you for the help!

0 Likes 0 ·
intra avatar image
intra answered ·

How is the CT clamp connected? Sounds like there maybe an issue with the CT.

1 comment
2 |3000

Thank you for the help, it was the CCGX version! CT clamp was fine!

0 Likes 0 ·