question

mike-deau avatar image
mike-deau asked

Multiplus Power Cycle

So some Details.

We have a multiplus 3k 24v model that is connected to a cerbo. We would like to put a remote switch that will turn it off when we are not using it using the remote lines connection out of the MP. AES is off.

Problem: When the following state:

Cerbo to MP :connected (on ve bus)

MP Remote switch: Open (to turn it off)

Load: Non issue. Either loaded or not.

Then: You can hear the relay in the MP keep turning on and off, 15 sec off, 15 seconds inverting.

When the cerbo is disconnected, then everything is operating as normal, as in when the remote switch is open, the MP is off, switch closed, MP is on. Even AES works. As soon as I plug the cerbo in, then back to power cycle.

Thoughts?

Mike

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary answered ·

Interesting behaviour, of the multi. I’m assuming you have a wire connected to the aux input and a assistant set up to do this?

do you need a physical switch?

You can set the inverter to off from the gx device pretty easy and even turn it back on remotely over the internet! - Assuming the gx device is powered direct from the battery!

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mike-deau avatar image mike-deau commented ·

Hey Jwfrary,

Thanks for your reply. We are using the remote input on the multiplus to make this connection. I don't see an option in the aux input assistants to use that aux port in this way. Is there a reason why this is the preferred way?

Also, we are wanting to use the aux input to change the ac charging current spec (shore vs gen) and would prefer to not have that port used up.

0 Likes 0 ·