question

bryce davis avatar image
bryce davis asked

bmv-712 smart no longer functions after software update.

so I've had my monitor for about a year and today I went into settings to change them as it was reading battery size wrong for the last few days (from 2000ah down to 1000ah) and it said to view or change settings I had to update. so I updated and mid update it gave me a failure message and no longer functions I've tried power cycling and stuff but nothing works. it's stuck in a weird state where the Bluetooth is in use but when I try to connect to it with a cable i get the message that the device is in use. I'm hoping I've overlooked some kind of hard reset button or setting as i can not do anything with it.

the physical unit is locked up as well. can not use any of the buttons. i can only guess its stuck mid update.

I've done the suggested steps tried a hard connection to a laptop and attempted to connect to the device with a second and 3rd phone. I've had this setup running for about a year now without any issues but the last week things started acting up. (battery voltage dropped from 13.5-13.8 down to 7v-8v very suddenly. and I wanted to see what was being detected via the bmv since the solar is saying its fully charging each day and its got no load on it.

BMV Battery Monitorfirmware updateBluetooth
1597416646896.png (55.3 KiB)
1597416690459.png (87.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
bryce davis avatar image
bryce davis answered ·

pulling the plug for the last few hours then plugging it back in has reset it. is there some kind of internal cap or something?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect bluetooth troubleshooting guide