question

camcairney avatar image
camcairney asked

HELP! wiring 24v panels to suit 48v systems

hi!

I have just completed wiring up my easysolar 48/5000/70 using the BYD battery box (10kw), all working and configured no dramas.

What I am having trouble with is working out how to wire up my solar pv array. I'm using the Trina Solar 250w TSM-250PC05A (I believe these a 24v panels?), I have 20 of these panels to use (5000w) but I would like to keep afew to use elsewhere or for spares.

side note: does the AC in (from generator) require an earth to be connected?

I can provided more information if needed, just ask. Any help would be great, Thanks Cameron

MPPT ControllersEasySolar All-in-OneSolar Panel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Those are 20V panels, they only have 60 cells. This is compared to a 24V panel that has 72 cells.

To give you a clue; You will need to use 3 panels connected in series to make a string, and then 6 strings connected in parallel to use 18 panels. It would be recommended to use 150/100 MPPT.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

camcairney avatar image
camcairney answered ·

champion! just what I needed to know, yes I have the 150/100 MPPT.

Could you direct me to a wiring diagram in relation to earthing the system, does it all go to one earth rod or does the ac and dc use separate?

Really appreciate the prompt help!

Cheers Cam

1 comment
2 |3000

That one is a bit more contentious given different requirements for different areas.

Could you please ask it in a seperate Question so answers are easy to find for the next person.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

EasySolar 1600 product page

EasySolar-II GX 3000 & 5000 product page