question

cookinwitdiesel avatar image
cookinwitdiesel asked

Feature Request - VRM - Account and display grid energy going into batteries

As far as I am aware, currently in the Consumption View in VRM, the From Grid portion only accounts for loads that were directly powered from Grid. If your loads are lower than the allowed input power (per the current limit that is configured) however, the grid is also recharging your batteries on the side. If later grid is unavailable and you are powering loads by inverting from batteries, than this consumption only shows up as From Battery although that energy really originated from the Grid. Is there a way that we can account for how much battery charging from grid takes place to make the Consumption view better reflect where energy actually originated from? I would like to be able to easily see, of all the energy used by my system, how much came from grid vs how much came from solar. I suppose the same will be true of Generator as well.

Thanks!

VRMfeature request
1597191070500.png (116.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

VRM login page

VRM documentation

VRM API documentation

How to change the Owner of a VRM installation

The feature requests topic tag can help Victron R&D find feature suggestions for products. 

There are many factors that go into the Victron product roadmap, and feedback from end-users can help.