question

luis-pontes avatar image
luis-pontes asked

who can fix victron inverters?

Hi guys I bought two victro phoenix 350va inverters. Both stoped working with very little use. Probably less then 100 hours each. I opened the units one has a burned fuse but the other doesn't . Either way the electronics inside are undisclosed architecture and no one seems to have a clue of what the problem is. I just wouldn't buy something for this price ever again. It is clearly overated. Spent 600 eur worth of crap. Who could have the fuse unit welded to the motherboard? what kind of electronic joke is this? How can a brand charging almost double for its equipment have units with fuses like this? Victron was a deception I bought victon batterys , victron charger and got to know that at least the inverters do not last because all stuff was victron ( 2 batterys 2 charges and 2 inverters) only inverters both went off in a few months of use during wich charging fones and screwdriver batterys was the only operation they had.

I still get very sick when I think that I could have spent 300 euros instead of 600.

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Luis Pontes

All Victron power electronics are covered by a 5 year warranty, so please get in touch with your supplier before opening them up, trying to fix them yourself and potentially voiding that warranty - https://www.victronenergy.com/support

I understand the temptation to have a look inside to see what’s wrong, but please understand that from a manufacturers perspective, we cannot tell if the failure happened before the units are opened or as a consequence of them being opened afterwards.

When internal hardwired fuses are used they are to protect the equipment from further fault due to another issue. Replacing the fuse will not fix the issue that caused the fuse to blow, and the other components beyond the fuse are also damaged. As an example, connecting the inverter with reverse battery polarity will appear to blow the fuse, but there are many other components now also destroyed by that incorrect installation. Attempting to replace that fuse will surely lead to further issues (that the fuse blowing prevented).

The power electronics should be connected with replaceable external fuse/circuit protection to the rating of the wires. This should in all normal cases blow before the internals fuses would (except in a severe fault).

It’s unusual for the units to fail, and even more exceptional for two units to fail around the same time.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.