question

thesniper avatar image
thesniper asked

Victron SmartSolar MPPT 150/85-MC4 Not showing panel voltages.

New out of the box. I connected 5 panels in series to the controller. Zero volts show up. Then I connected 1 panel to the controller. Measuring voltage across the MC4 connector is 21.0V as soon as I plug it in? Zero volts. Help?

MPPT ControllersvoltagevictronHelp
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@TheSniper, 99% of the time this happens it's because you have PV polarity reversed at the MPPT input; with the MC4 version the odds of this are minimized but I've seen quite a few factory MC4 connectors that are technically reverse of what I would expect because they're anticipating that extension cables are going to be used. Double check your connection polarity and report back! You might well be in the other 1%, but it's worth checking as a starting point.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Trina avatar image
Trina answered ·

Ditto

Polarity

Also due to 4S (series) you might have either got something killing the voltage in the series so check each panel as well if it keeps up.

You have the battery connected first too before all this right (not the problem but important to your controller)?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual