question

larry7320 avatar image
larry7320 asked

Multiplus shuts off when battery is 80% full

I'm testing my new Multiplus 12 | 3000 | 120 | 50 inverter and noticed it shuts off and kicks back on after a few seconds. It does this quite frequently. Here are the conditions:

Inverter is connected to 600AH lithium batteris and in inverter mode. the load is about 1700W. The battery monitor shows battery voltage is 13.2V and the current is 128A. Before the inverter shuts off, there was no low battery indicator on and no other warning LED was flicking or on.

Is there a log somewhere I can retrieve from the unit? I have the MK3-USB cable and am able to use the VEConfigure.

victron products
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
rickp avatar image
rickp answered ·

VictronConnect has a history screen with errors listed at the bottom. If you are connected via hardwire to the MP, you can connect to it via VictronConnect in the same way you do via bluetooth to other Victron devices. Perhaps that will provide the codes you need.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

larry7320 avatar image
larry7320 answered ·

Thanks for the response. The cause of the issue turned out to be a faulty circuit breaker. I have a 300A circuit breaker which tripped at 128A, causing the inverter shutting down. I need to replace the circuit breaker.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic