Hi there,,

1. I have a Victron smart lithium iron battery 200ah
  2. Bms
  3. smart solar 150/35 charge controller
  4. Bmv 712
  5. Battery protect
  6. Multiplus compact 2000kva
  7. Raspberry pi gx

Currently my smart network only transmits the battery voltage, I’d like to transmit the battery temperature through the smart network so that’s when the battery temperature is low it stops charging.

I feel as though the smart battery should be able to do this as it has a temperature sensor built in which I can access via Bluetooth through the battery device. However I can’t seem to be able to get that existing data on the smart network.

Can anyone help advise me on how to get the temperature on the network, or use the charge disconnect output of the BMS to halt charging of the MPPT?

Cheers,

Lithium BatteryTemperature SensorVE.Smart Network
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tinybluehouse avatar image tinybluehouse commented ·

So I see that the connect app has had an update and would like to note that the smart battery does indicate that it has disabled charging when the temp is below 5 but my MPPT doesn’t see that alarm and it continues to pump power to the battery. So surely there is a wire I need to connect from the charge disconnect port of the bms to the MPPT controller? There doesn’t seem to be any documentation though....

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Mikael avatar image
Mikael answered ·

Hi

As I understand you need the temperature sensor for the BMV. The you have the option to control the BMV relay based on temperature, that then turns the MPPT off with something like a VE.direct ON/OFF cabel.

https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/ve-direct-non-inverting-remote-on-off-cable

https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/temperature-sensor-for-bmv-702

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor