question

roachmon avatar image
roachmon asked

Multiplus T Sense Connection Question

I recently had an issue with a Smart LFP battery loosing bluetooth connectivity. The battery continued to hold a charge. I revived the battery by doing this microntroller power cycle procedure detailed here (https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Lithium_Battery_Smart/en/appendix.html#UUID-9312e210-9b10-cb0f-31b0-dde4eb8e42f6).

The battery(200ah) was installed and connected in parallel with 2 other 200ah batteries connected to the Lynx Distributor. The battery in question had the T Sense connected on the Positive lug, as opposed to the Negative lug.

So my question is: Would connecting the T Sense from the Mulitplus to the Positive lug of the battery possibly cause the battery microcontroller to fail? Would there be any potential issues with connecting to the (+) lug other than and incorrect reading?

thanks for your help!

Lithium BatteryTemperature Sensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Its not the recommended action but I do not think that it would cause the microcomputer to fail

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?