question

Kristof G. avatar image
Kristof G. asked

High input Amps ( input 1 inverter)

hoi,

iam having a problem here, i had / have a very high grid invoice even with my victron installation.

so i was checking my grid network,

and i came to this :

the input Amps of the victron is 3.27A amp and no value on the Color for grid,

i have on output value of 4.38A = that is correct.

so why is my system using that much input current ???

see pics for Amps

the input is a cable directly from the grid.

input :

output :

cables:

there is no feed in from solar that moment

firmware : color is beta : 2.60-30

firmware : quattro is : 469

if i check an external gridmeter (not the quattro) = stays the same

vrm = no reports of grid usage

Edit : ac pv inverter is on the output

And the input amp are always 3A - 3.60A

Grid setpoint : 10w

And that current i can see that all the way to my house, big fusebox ( fist input fuse of mu home)

Done with fluke meter ( rent from person):

thanks kristof

@mvader (Victron Energy)

input current
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

1. whats the voltage at the AC1 in terminals, and also the current measured at the same time. as I see a ccgx grid reading of -11 watts

2. try moving the AC1 in wires to AC2 in and see if you get a different reading.

3. has the internal VE config settings been correctly setup with a ess assistant or hub assistants for exporting power

4. first of all I would also make sure that Quattro and the CCGX are all on the latest firmware versions as well.

5. it looks like the DC and AC coupled solar is making 300 watts in total (about) so the outward watts of 941 or net gid usage is around 641 watts (if its a 220 volt system that is) but the ccgx grid figure is showing incorrectly,

however the overall total looks to be correct (there abouts that is). so you should be drawing around the 3 amps off the grid at 220 volts to supply the current loads, plus the solar input

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic