question

oyvind avatar image
oyvind asked

Generator Configuration missing in EasySolar IIGX remote console?

I've got a EasySolar IIGX and wish to connect my generator and configure autostart and silent hours, however the Generator menu seems to be missing from mye Remote Console - I can only configure the generator from VEconfig. Am I missing something here? Are the advanced generator features of the Multiplus not available in the Easysolar? Any tips to how to set up silent hours using EasySolar IIGX?

GeneratorEasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @oyvind@aardal.com,

Unfortunately the GX card inside the EasySolar-II GX does not include a relay of its own (unlike the Cerbo GX, or other individual GX devices).

You will need to use the relay inside the MultiPlus for generator start stop. As the Multi does not have an internal clock, it would not be possible to do silent hours programming.

My apologies if this was not clear enough in the product documentation, there is a mention that there is no relay in the GX device here - https://docs.victronenergy.com/easysolar-ii-gx.html#gx-device

And the generator control of the relay control being via the Multi here - https://docs.victronenergy.com/easysolar-ii-gx.html#product-description

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented ·

Hi Guy

Just had the same issue with a client, but i don't need a timer to set start and stop times etc.

It would nice to have the start and stop screen available so users can start and stop the generator from the Phone app or PC, Tablet etc. Just having a basic start and stop feature

for the Easysolar GX2 would be make it so much better? something to consider in a software update would be nice.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

How about installing external relay, controlled by a clock, that would allow turning the genset on only during a "non silent" hours.

2 |3000