question

overl42 avatar image
overl42 asked

Why is the App Defaulting to Product Info Screen?

Just today, when trying to connect to one of my MPPTs, it defaults to the products info page not the power details. Furthermore, there is not option to connect to the power details. Disconnected and repaired device. Same behavior. Any ideas??

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi OverL42,

Can you please make a service report and post it here?
How to do it is explained here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:start#how_to_create_a_victronconnect_service_report

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

remme avatar image
remme answered ·

I have the same problem. I updated my new mppt with the app to version 2.25 (first time it failed @85%, second time it paused @95% but then it succeeded. After that the app can connect but it only shows the product info screen.

VictronConnect_report.log

Thanks! What could be the problem? I tried connecting with a different phone.

5 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Remme

It looks like the internal dongle cannot make a connection with the MPPT part. The product info screen will also not show a MPPT, but only a dongle. When possible, please try to power cycle the MPPT by disconnecting both PV and the battery for a while and then reconnect battery and PV.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
remme avatar image remme Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

I figured something like that. I did power cycle a couple of times. No luck so far. The blue led turns solid, so it looks like the MPPT starts and the PV is connected correctly. So I'm puzzled. Could there be a firmware mismatch between Dongle and the MPPT? I don't really understand, because I have a Smartsolar with builtin bluetooth.

0 Likes 0 ·

@Remme

Am I reading it correctly that it is a completely new MPPT? Or do you already have it for a longer time and were previously able to connect and see all the MPPT values?

Regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
remme avatar image remme Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

@Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff)

This is indeed a completely new one. I have never been able to see the mppt values. Let alone configure it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @Remme

Then I am afraid this unit contains a production error, rendering the Bluetooth unfunctional. I advice you to contact your reseller to have the unit replaced.

Regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources