question

wandering-bison avatar image
wandering-bison asked

MultiPlus Compact Inverter State Control - Bluetooth & Arduino Control

I currently have a MultiPlus Compact (NA) installed in my camper van and I'm trying to change how I control it.

When I purchased and installed the system, I used a MultiControl panel to turn the inverter on, etc. but I'm making some changes to my camper van and want to eliminate the MultiControl panel.

I also have a Venus GX installed.

In the short term, I would like to control it with the Victron VE.Bus Bluetooth dongle and in the long term, I would like to control it with my own custom Arduino based automation system.

When I connect to my inverter using Victron Connect (over Bluetooth), I can see my inverter thanks to the Victron Bluetooth dongle but it won't allow me to control the state of the inverter stating that it is in secondary mode and it is controlled by another control system (I assume the retired Multi-Control).

How can I change this configuration so that I can control the inverter state over Victron Connect?

I would also welcome any tips or information you have so I can control the inverter state using my Arduino system. I have already found a way to connect a physical three way switch which I could replicate using some relays but I suspect there are simpler ways.

Thanks in advance!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The BT dongle is in secondary mode because of the Venus GX.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vebus_smart_dongle_manual#modes_of_operation

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wandering-bison avatar image
wandering-bison answered ·

Thanks for the quick response - I guess that explains why I can't control the inverter state.

Is there a way to control the inverter state using the Venus GX? ? Using an external trigger through the GX?

2 |3000