question

martymain avatar image
martymain asked

Horizontal mounting Multiplus 3000VA Inverter/Charger

I understand that horizontal mounting is possible, but not recommended for optimal cooling. For my RV Trailer, the space I have is best suited for horizontal mounting of the Multiplus, BUT there are no mounting brackets or instructions for horizontal mounting. What suggestions have you for me?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerEasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
billknny avatar image
billknny answered ·

I have done this when I have had to because of limited space. Certainly it make a difference with the amount of passive cooling the unit can do, but once the fans turn on, I'd be surprised if the difference was significant between the orientations.

The bracket designed for vertical mounting horizontally also. You slide the unit sideways onto the bracket, and then secure the mounting with two screws at the bottom of the case. These two screws should be used in a mobile application in any case to be sure that the unit can't bounce up off the wall bracket.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.