question

childcarepro avatar image
childcarepro asked

Feature Request Cerbo GX/Venus GX: Combo Load Shunts for Power Monitoring

I've seen other monitoring systems that have 4-in-1 shunts to measure loads or voltage sources. Does Victron have plans for that? I'm very much sold on the Victron ecosystem, but this seems to be a feature "hole." It would be great if we could see how much power our A/C, refrigerator, lighting, etc. are consuming, or how solar strings compare to each other in generation, etc.

Thanks for making awesome products!

cerbo gxBMV Battery MonitorVenus GX - VGXfeature request
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
David avatar image
David answered ·

I am going to add a +1 for this.

I was looking at the Simarine Pico setup and it looks really nice and things like the quad shunt (https://simarine.net/product/scq25-quadro-digital-shunt-module/) would be fantastic to be able to have, together with a VE.Direct or VE.Bus to send the info to VRM

I am probably too committed to the Victron system to switch over now, but if I wasn't, that Pico gear could sway me with these kind of accessories and the more modern looking displays.

While I am here ... It would be brilliant if we had some "user defined" options on the graphic display in the control panel as well :)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mbischa avatar image
mbischa answered ·

I would be in for a 4 way load shunt for connection to my Cerbo GX as well to keep track of specific loads and log to VRM.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron BMV battery monitors product page

Venus GX manual

Venus GX product page

Cerbo GX product page

GX family product range

Cerbo GX & GX Touch datasheet

Cerbo GX Manual

Venus root access document

The feature requests topic tag can help Victron R&D find feature suggestions for products. 

There are many factors that go into the Victron product roadmap, and feedback from end-users can help.