question

frank-ster avatar image
frank-ster asked

Multiplus II 48 volt. Low battery alarm vs turn off inverter voltage

So I am running a 20 kWh lithium pack , I set my low voltage turn off for the inverter . But the alarm minimum setting is minimum 4 volts higher . The problem I am having is if I turn off my inverter when I’m not using it I can’t turn it back on untill it’s above the low voltage alarm . Which in my case is an enormous amount of energy .

How can work around to set the low voltage alarm with in 1 or 2 volts above the inverter turn off voltage ?

Multiplus-IILithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
frank-ster avatar image
frank-ster answered ·

V459.

Says it’s the current version.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

ok, so you have to update the firmware.

The change you need came with version 464.

Changed minimum difference between DC input low shut-down and

DC input low restart voltages from 1V/2V/4V to 0.25V/0.5V/1V (12/24/48V systems).

This allows systems to use a lower DC input low restart without the need to use a

lower DC input low shut-down then also.

(n.b. Lowest allowable DC input low restart is 10.9, 20.6, 41.2V (12/24/48V systems))

The update you can get via the Victron professional portal or via VictronConnect.

Save your settings!

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

What firmware version is running on the Multi (Target -> Show software verson)?
If I remember correctly there was a FW update a while ago that changes that.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?