question

lklmenterprises avatar image
lklmenterprises asked

EasySolar 1600 Start Battery - No connection

So looking everywhere, there is reference for it, and supposedly the EasySolar is just a MultiPlus - but there is just no Physical Trickle Charge connection that I can see.

According to one or two other posts it is J15 or thereabouts...and would normally be near the TSense and Relay ports - but not the case on this motherboard.

In above image - the one with 2 wires plugged in is the T-Sense, then Remote Switch, then the next posts are the Programmable Relay. There are no areas to attach further underneath the Positive Battery lead either...

Thoughts?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerEasySolar All-in-One
1593778489775.png (2.1 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

From my research the aux batt charge terminal is just to the left of the leftmost rj45 port.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lklmenterprises avatar image lklmenterprises commented ·

Hmmm - the Left most port is VERY Left and no room I'm quite sure, as it sits right next to the wall of the unit.I just took the cover off again to have a look - definitely no room next to the RJ45 port.

Something I did note is the Multi-Plus in these units is a Multi Compact, and when looking at the base of the Standalone Compact unit there are NO trickle ports

I was told by someone at a solar place today it seems the EasySolar 3000 series may have the trickle, and even though it is listed in the Manual, it does flow down to being available in the 1600 :(

0 Likes 0 ·
1593850247964.png (492.0 KiB)
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ lklmenterprises commented ·

You are right, not to the left.

In the middle, and just below the rj45 ports.

0 Likes 0 ·
lklmenterprises avatar image lklmenterprises klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Many thanks - you are 100% right... You can see the cables in mine included a Temp Sensor predelivered, and it was right over the top of that section, I have just moved it and Voila. Not too happy with how close the Battery cable is to it too, so later today I will move that across a little and will be able to connect it, however I think I will use it for a Backup lighting battery.

The main reason is that with Working from Home restrictions at the moment the Van just sits in the driveway, but I don't want to have power running to it all the time, and yet the starter batter still has electronics draining it, so instead I have a spare 12v flexible panel on the dash and older mppt on the starter battery and that has been working well.

0 Likes 0 ·
1595291321756.png (1.2 MiB)
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ lklmenterprises commented ·

I think the TR charge is only active when on grid/generator power.

0 Likes 0 ·