Hi, I wonder if it is possible to use midi fuses on a lynx DC distribution system? So far I only can see the lynx only allows Mega fuses.
I have the exact same question. I need to use a 50A fuse for one of my connections and having a lot of trouble finding MEGA fuses of that size, it's easy to find MIDI through
I've found a workaround to fit Midi fuses into a Lynx Distributor, but I haven't energised it yet. Any problems with this? Here's what I did.
1. Made a fuse extender:
- Cut a 40mm long copper bar, mine is 19mm wide & 6mm thick but 3mm should be OK.
- Drill a 6mm hole, centre is 6mm from one end.
- Drill a 9mm hole, centre 20mm from the first hole centre.
- Lightly chamfer holes, debur bar edges, sand smooth & clean with isopropyl alcohol.
2. Attached the fuse extender to the Midi fuse:
- Bolt the Midi fuse to the extender using a 12mm long stainless M5 mushroom-head bolt with washer, spring washer & nut.
3. Made a M5 post:
- Put a big washer on a stainless hex head M5 bolt, 25mm long.
- Put it through the removable Victron plastic bolt holder.
- Add a large washer and a nut and bolt it down tightly, clamping the plastic between the two washers.
- Reinstall the plastic bolt holder.
- Add 2 more nuts and a large washer.
4. Installed the fuse:
- Place the extended fuse into the Lynx Distributor.
- Secure each end with lock washer and nut. M8 at the positive busbar, M5 at the other end.
18 People are following this question.