Hi, I wonder if it is possible to use midi fuses on a lynx DC distribution system? So far I only can see the lynx only allows Mega fuses.
I have the exact same question. I need to use a 50A fuse for one of my connections and having a lot of trouble finding MEGA fuses of that size, it's easy to find MIDI through
I've found a workaround to fit Midi fuses into a Lynx Distributor, but I haven't energised it yet. Any problems with this? Here's what I did.
1. Made a fuse extender:
- Cut a 40mm long copper bar, mine is 19mm wide & 6mm thick but 3mm should be OK.
- Drill a 6mm hole, centre is 6mm from one end.
- Drill a 9mm hole, centre 20mm from the first hole centre.
- Lightly chamfer holes, debur bar edges, sand smooth & clean with isopropyl alcohol.
2. Attached the fuse extender to the Midi fuse:
- Bolt the Midi fuse to the extender using a 12mm long stainless M5 mushroom-head bolt with washer, spring washer & nut.
3. Made a M5 post:
- Put a big washer on a stainless hex head M5 bolt, 25mm long.
- Put it through the removable Victron plastic bolt holder.
- Add a large washer and a nut and bolt it down tightly, clamping the plastic between the two washers.
- Reinstall the plastic bolt holder.
- Add 2 more nuts and a large washer.
4. Installed the fuse:
- Place the extended fuse into the Lynx Distributor.
- Secure each end with lock washer and nut. M8 at the positive busbar, M5 at the other end.
Additional resources still need to be added for this topic
19 People are following this question.