question

raymiller avatar image
raymiller asked

VRM downloaded xls data; the counters data has many "a163" special events recorded

I have a Venus GX and download data every month in XLS format. I have activated all 5 digital counters and have "always" over two years, get extra data events which show all rows blank but add "a163" data in one column for each of the 5 counters, without affecting the data in any of the counters after.

My theory is for some reason the Venus GX has some glitch which triggers an event (outside of the normal 15minute data)which has a timestamp and adds data (exports on the Comm data) from some register to the counters "a163" data column but no other data in any column except the time stamp.

The "a163" seems to be random, some days have no reading and others up to 10 or more. I have set data to record every 15minutes.

Any ideas as to the cause and solution?

Cheers

Venus OSerror
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
raymiller avatar image
raymiller answered ·

I've just downloaded my xls data for September 2020 from VRM which my Venus GX uploaded and may have at least a clue that may help identify this erroneous data bug.

Each day when my Fronius PV inverter goes offline for the day an "a163" complete with a timestamp (18:07:53 in the below example) gets inserted into the pulse data in every first column, and only there, all other cells in the row are blank, I record data every 15minutes.

The only connection to the Fronius inverter is WiFi, no cables or even 230V mains connection, totally separate isolated systems. It is as though the Venus GX needs to record something when the inverter goes off line, or maybe even as simple as the loss of communication triggers the erroneous data event. Either way, I'm not intertested in recording the event and it should be ignored.

Other events may also be causing the same error but the PV inverter going off line maybe the vital clue to identify the route cause of the distubance.

Hope this added information is helpfull in identifing the cause and implementing a cure.

By the way, the new VRM dashboard is awsome!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

raymiller avatar image
raymiller answered ·

I just found other instances of the PV inverter waking and shutting down causing the same data "a163" errors in the same pulse meter first colums. Very strange the PV inverter waking up at 23:45 when it should be asleep!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic