question

bathnm avatar image
bathnm asked

Victron Connect (Mac OS) and Smart Batteries

I have 4 x 12,8/200 Smart batteries, a charger and smart battery protect. I can connect via bluetooth to all the devices from my iPhone, however from my Mac I can only connect to the charger and smart battery protect, when IU try and connect to the batteries, it sits at 20% connected.

Anyone have any ideas.

Lithium BatteryVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ยท

Were you able to connect to the batteries at least once using the Mac or were you never able to connect? If you were able to connect at least once, please remove the pairing information for the batteries and try again.

If you were never able to connect, you could try to reset the MacOs bluetooth module:
https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/reset-mac-bluetooth-module/

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bathnm avatar image bathnm commented ยท

Will try this when I am next with the batteries. Have managed to connect OK with my iPhone and iPad. Never with my MAC.

0 Likes 0 ยท

I had quite similar issues. Didn't know about mac bluetooth reset, but it cured all the different problems I had with VC macOS...temporarily.
FYI: this method requires a macOS restart, at least for me.

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic