question

pim avatar image
pim asked

2 devices (MPPT 100/30 + Multiplus 800) via one VE.connect dongle: is this possible?

Hello,

I bought a ship on which an Multiplus 800 with a Digital Multi Control panel is installed and also a MPPT 100/30 with a VE.Direct Bluetooth dongle. With the app I'm able to monitor the solarpanels/MPPT but I really would like to monitor the Multiplus 800 also via the app via the same bluetooth dongle (otherwise I have to buy a second dongle and switch between bluetooth-instances?).

Is there a possiblity?

Kind regards,

Pim

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You can't use the VE.direct dongle with the Multi because it don't have a VE.direct Port.
You will need the VE.Bus Smart dongle.
https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/ve-bus-smart-dongle

But even if the Multi had a VE.direct Port you can't use one dongle at two devices at the same time.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pim avatar image
pim answered ·

Thank you! But I believe the Digital Multicontrol is already connected to the VE-BUS-port on the Multiplus? So do I have to chose then between connecting the Multicontrol or the VE.BUS dongle?

But isn't there another option to control both the Multiplus and MPPT from one connection with the app? I've seen screenshot from people who have the Multiplus and the MPPT in one devicelist in the app. How do they do this? Can I for example replace the Multicontrol for a Color Control GX and connect both the Multiplus en MPPT to the GX?

2 comments
2 |3000

mrseas avatar image mrseas commented ·

Yes....you can "see" both the Multi and the MPPT on a GX device.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Since the small Multi only have one VE.bus port you can only connect the dongle or the multi control.

But with this splitter you can use both:

https://www.victronenergy.com/cables/rj45-splitter

The VictronConnect device list show's you all Victron smart device's in range. If I open VictronConnect in our workshop I see a dozen device's.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources