question

wildgoose avatar image
wildgoose asked

Phoenix 12/3000 parallel running individually

Hello people, I have 2 victron Phoenix 12/3000 I recently purchased for my boat. One wasn’t quite enough to handle my cooktop and oven if both running maxed out. I probably could have got by with just one but I like the thaught of redundancy. I’m still not sure if to run them parallel or on seperate ac circuits. If I parallel the units do they both have to be on to operate? Or if I’m not going to be using much power can I just turn the master on and leave the slave off? Just a thought I had and couldn’t find an answer in my reading so far

Cheers

Josh

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
tilo avatar image
tilo answered ·

If you connect them in parallel, both must be on always. If you turn off one, the other will stop working.

If you had one Multiplus and one inverter, you could connect the inverter in the AC Input of the Multiplus when you need more power, and turn the inverter off when the Multiplus is enough.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.